Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Infusion Associates (“IA”) is a leading provider of clinically-supervised ambulatory infusion services, with 10 wholly-owned locations across Michigan as well as locations in Minneapolis, MN and Toledo, OH. IA administers more than 50,000 infusion treatments annually, with a focus on complex biologic therapies treating chronic conditions such as Crohn’s, multiple sclerosis, and arthritic conditions. IA’s specialized team of clinicians manage patient care on a long-term basis and administer treatments on behalf of more than 2,200 referring specialists across a range of clinical specialties including rheumatology, gastroenterology, and neurology, among others.
In November of 2018, IA partnered with Boyne Capital, a Miami, FL-based Private Equity firm that seeks to forge lasting and collaborative relationships with companies and support them in achieving their next phase of growth. Since then, the business has scaled from 1 location to 12, with continuing year-over-year growth from organic initiatives, and completed 3 strategic acquisitions.
Reporting to CEO, the Chief Strategy Officer is a key partner to the executive leadership team and the Board including the Private Equity-sponsor in the execution of the company’s strategic growth and achievement of financial goals. The CSO provides leadership for all aspects of the company’s operations with an emphasis on long/short-term goals, growth, profit, return on investment, integration of add-on acquisitions, and sale process. The ideal candidate has participated in a successful sale process for a business involving office or clinic based multi-site / multi-state healthcare services.
- Oversight of organic and inorganic growth initiatives, including:
- AIC footprint expansion (new market identification, market entry strategy / execution, de novo site development and launch, etc.)
- Strategic M&A (working alongside Boyne team to identify, evaluate, and execute acquisitions)
- Key growth initiatives in existing markets (e.g. system, payor, employer, and provider partnerships, strategic account development, participation in alternate payment models / value-based care)
- Responsible for integration and revenue/cost synergy capture for strategic acquisitions, as well as market expansion strategy around acquisitions in new states
- Develop and implement financial / business case around growth strategies and critical strategic initiatives, evaluate performance against plan during execution phase, and take necessary action to address deviations
- Provide regular updates and feedback related to the strategic, operational, and programmatic matters impacting the business, keeping the CEO and Board apprised of progress and challenges in meeting key goals and milestones
- Promote communication and cooperation among divisions to create a spirit of unity in the organization
- Develop and support growth components of an annual operating budget
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA/Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in large scale multi-site healthcare services organizations undergoing significant expansion across multiple states
- Expert level understanding of macro-economic environment in healthcare, relative perspectives of health systems, health plans, employed and independent physicians, and business models supporting infusions
- History of high growth, PE-backed consolidation and integration within healthcare services / ancillary services
- Direct experience with execution, integration, and synergy capture around strategic acquisitions
- Direct experience with new market entry and de novo site development
- Direct experience leading development of strategic account development and partnerships within a healthcare services model (payors, systems, providers, large employers, etc.)
- Ability to be on site at the HQ located in Grand Rapids, MI and travel per business demands
- Demonstrated experience working within and building highly effective teams
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary + target bonus + meaningful equity participation
- Medical/Dental/Vision + 401K with a company match