About the Company:
AllGuard is a direct-to-consumer e-commerce company that offers branded interior and exterior protection products and accessories for cars, trucks, watercraft, and more. AllGuard operates the websites CarCovers.com, JetSkiCover.com, HailProtector.com, EZSnapdirect.com, and is adding additional online offerings to drive growth strategy. AllGuard also offers private label vehicle protection offerings in other retail outlets and marketplaces such as Amazon.com. AllGuard is a Remote-First team, where most of the team works from home. AllGuard is a dynamic, growing company, looking for great people to join the team.
AllGuard is a portfolio company of Boyne Capital, a Miami, FL-based Private Equity firm that seeks to forge lasting and collaborative relationships with companies whose founders and families are still deeply involved in growing their businesses.
Current Technical Platforms:
- Front end customer platforms include Shopify, Magento and WooCommerce, each with custom development to meet the unique needs of our customer and business lines. AllGuard is mostly utilizing standard web development such as PHP, Magento2, MySQL.
- AllGuard is in the process of integrating Netsuite/Shipstation on the back end, and also uses several custom-built tools and processes for order management, inventory management, etc. The front end and back end are currently also connected through integrator.io.
- AllGuard utilizes standard web technologies to maintain the business, including AWS, Amazon Cloud Front, Reddis, Vanish Cache, and Carbon60
- Other relevant technical platforms used to run the business include Klaviyo, Northbeam, Google Analytics, Attentive, as well as other direct platforms and plug-ins
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on and action-oriented VP of Technology to lead the development and implementation of AllGuard’s technology roadmap. As the VP of Technology, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire technology function at All Guard, including the development and maintenance of the ecommerce platforms, integrations with third-party systems, and the deployment of new technologies to support growth. This is an exciting new role for the company and will report directly to the CEO. The VP of Technology will be a key part of the executive team and will drive technical projects and maintenance as well as overall company strategy across our platforms.
The VP will be expected to be a very hands-on contributor to technical development and maintenance. This includes direct coding as well as working with internal and external technical resources. The VP should have a combination of direct experience in relevant platforms and languages, as well as a willingness to learn, understand and discover new technology solutions. The VP of Technology will be given responsibility and autonomy to craft the technical future of All Guard.
- Oversee the entire technology function at All Guard, including the development and maintenance of the ecommerce platforms, integrations with third-party systems, and the deployment of new technologies to support growth.
- Create and execute the overall technology strategy and plan appropriate technical resourcing
- Lead all aspects of the development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, strategic planning, design/architecture, execution, deployment, and maintenance
- Collaborate with executive team (and Board, if applicable) to lead the assessment, prioritization, and budgeting/feasibility of potential technical solutions
- Translate company technical strategy into a concrete software engineering roadmap, and efficiently run day-to-day operations, including direct coding where necessary
- Actively create solutions to technical challenges and execute changes as needed
- Ensure all technology and security practices adhere to best practices and company standards
- Ensure maintenance of technology platforms
- Manage the technology budget and ensure that technology investments are aligned with the company's strategic goals
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and analyze potential impact on the business
- 10+ years of experience in a technology leadership role, with at least 5 years of experience in the ecommerce industry
- Strong understanding of ecommerce technologies, including Magento 2, Shopify and relevant third-party integrations
- Experience leading the development and deployment of complex technology solutions
- Experience in backend web development, especially PHP, Magento 2, MySQL, etc.
- Experience utilizing and building large back-end data sets
- Experience with marketing platforms and evaluating performance of web and e-commerce platforms (especially in Google Analytics)
- Experience working with front-end designers/developers, UI/UX experts and A/B testing software.
- Server level experience a plus, especially reddis, vanish cache, Amazon cloud front, and Amazon aws.
- Experience supporting technology solutions to improve business process, increase productivity and efficiency for customers and internal employees
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (preferred but not required)
- Prior experience working in a smaller or growth-stage company, ideally that has expanded into new markets and platforms
- Experience integrating an acquisition from a technology perspective is a plus
- Experience working with a remote team, expertise working with global teams is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (particularly Excel and Google docs)
- Strong communication skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary + Bonus + Equity
- 401K match